Concentration Progress 2


I started working on my design for my linoleum print. I decided I wanted a repeating pattern, so that I could use the smaller stamp multiple times to combine into one big pattern. This is definitely going to end up having more on it but I want to be really sure about where I want to put the different dim sum dishes so it all looks like it goes together rather than a bunch of random stuff I just threw onto the page.


I decided for this piece that for the colors behind the pencil I'm going to use watercolors, so that they will be more muted and won't take away from the pencil parts. This is still a work in progress but I'm hoping to finish soon.



This is just a very very rough draft of the "good Chinese daughter" piece that I wanted to do. I want to put a lot of emphasis on how society pushes these expectations on young Asian kid and thought a storefront or maybe magazine covers would be a good way to portray that. I want to show the contrast between myself and the stereotype. Still figuring it out, though :)

I'm still deciding whether or not I'm going to still continue with the red envelope piece. I don't know if I should keep pushing it, or if I should just scrap it and try to use those elements in a different piece.

Comments

  1. I like the thinking. I do really like the red envelope piece but realize you need to actually make progress in order for us (both of us) to see where it's heading. I have ideas of what I think you have in mind but it's clearly my vision...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for a new update on your concentration please...I'm getting concerned about time...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts